Teams competing at the State Competition will be eligible for the ISDTA Academic Awards. All applications must be received by October 1, and completed by a guidance counselor or principal.
- Excellence in Academic Achievement: combined team GPA average of 3.0-3.49
- Distinguished in Academic Achievement: combined team GPA average of 3.5-4.0
- Top Academic Achievement Awards are presented during the State Championship Award Ceremonies
- Academic Award recipients will be listed in the program and receive a team plaque and individual award certificates at the Iowa State Dance/Drill Team Championships.
- Based on the Grade Point Average, on a 4-point system (A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0)
- Based on last academic year’s grades (2020-2021)
- The academic period covers a full year of two semesters from the previous school year
- Includes team members in grades 10-12
- Ninth grade students unfortunately are not included because not all junior high schools utilize a GPA
- Managers may be included as part of the team, if they are letter winners
- Teams must be current members of the Iowa State Dance/Drill Team Association
- A team must compete in this year’s state team championships
- The application must be submitted by the dance or color guard coach and signed by the principal or guidance counselor verifying the team grade point average
- Applications need to be submitted no later than October 1st
- If you think your team meets the requirements, please complete this application form using this year’s team and last year’s grades.
- After completing this form, a copy of the information will automatically be sent to your principal or counselor. This person will need to complete an additional form, it is your responsibility to follow up and make sure this form is completed before October 1.
- Please only enter team members who are 10th-12th grade, 9th graders will not be counted.